Frequently Asked Questions
Tours often take patrons into shuttered areas, off-limits to the general public. Please note, we’re granting access to an active construction site, with traditional occupational health hazards and rudimentary landscaping.
Consider these FAQ’s to better understand our offerings, terms, and circumstances:
- Where do I find the tour schedule?
- On the main tour page click the Reserve button and a full calendar of available dates and times will appear.
- How do I purchase tickets?
- Tickets are purchased online by clicking the Reserve button, by phone 231-938-6150, or in-person at the B50 Store located in the North Mercato. During the summer and fall seasons, most tours sell out in advance. Walk-ons are welcome to inquire about space available but space is limited.
- What kind of clothing and gear should I bring?
- Please dress appropriately for the weather, open toe shoes are NOT recommended. Tour Guides retain the option of rejecting any patron from the tour they determine at risk of injury. Water bottles, flash- lights, and folding camp stools are encouraged.
- Where do I meet for the tour?
- All tours meet 15 mins prior to departure at the B50 Store located in the North Mercato, 630 Cottageview Dr. Suite 64, Traverse City, MI 49684.
- Why do I need to sign a liability waiver?
- The vacant cottages and buildings contain environmental hazards including lead-based paint and asbestos, structural deficiencies, and common construction conditions. Our guides are knowledgeable about these hazards and trained to avoid dangerous circumstances. We cannot allow public access without executing this agreement.
- Can I take pictures?
- Yes, photography is allowed and encouraged. However, video or audio recordings are not permitted.
- Are tours ever cancelled?
- Only in case of imminent severe weather. We cheerfully go – rain, snow or shine. Please dress appropriately.
- Can I cancel my tour?
- Refunds will not be issued after tickets are purchased. You can, however, reschedule tickets up to a year after the purchase date.
- Are the tours handicap accessible?
- Tours are NOT handicap accessible do to accessing the underground tunnels and unrenovated buildings.